LB4200 - Multi-Detector Low Background Alpha/Beta Counting System
Part number: LB42-PFRequest a quotation
- Advanced alpha/beta analysis instrument with less counting gas usage and background than previous versions
- Flexible configuration from one to four counting drawers, multiple size detectors can be combined in a system
- High performance multi-anode 5.7 cm or 12.7 cm or single anode 3.1 cm gas flow detectors available
- Lowest warranted 5.7 cm detector background in the industry
- Full front detector access without lifting lead shielding
- Small footprint and modular design
- Individual window per detector with easy operator field replacement
- Apex-Alpha/Beta Software Compatible
- Automatic calibrations for Plateau, Efficiency, Self-Absorption, and Background
LB4200 is the advanced alpha/beta counting system designed to simplify lab operations. The LB4200 is perfect for applications requiring high sample throughput with long counting times, or where a number of samples must be counted at the same time. The system can be configured from one to four counting drawers. The maximum detector capacity is sixteen 5.7 cm or 3.1 cm detectors, or four 12.7 cm detectors.
The LB4200 includes the Gas Stat Gas Conservation system. Gas Stat has been proven in CANBERRA’s Series 5 Automatic Low-Background for years and is now available in a multi-detector manual system. Gas Stat dramatically reduces P-10 consumption by as much as 50% compared with past multi-detector alpha/beta systems. Plus, the LB4200 has an electronic gas monitoring system that automatically delivers optimal gas pressure to the detectors without manual flow valves.
Each detector has individual start and stop counting control for maximum flexibility. Front LED indicators provide system health, sample analysis and gas flow status at a glance.
The LB4200 connects to a host computer using standard USB cables and is 100% compatible with CANBERRA’s Apex-Alpha/Beta analysis and control software.
The LB4200 has the lowest published background specifications of any commercially available alpha/beta system using a 5.7 cm diameter gas flow proportional detector.